|Hayate no Gotoku! OVA|
|Theme Song Info|
Hayate no Gotoku! OVA Vol.C (ハヤテのごとく OVA Vol.C Hayatenogotoku! ovu~a Vol.C?) is the third and final OVA of the Hayate no Gotoku! 10th anniversary OVAs. This OVA was bundled with the release of the limited edition of Hayate no Gotoku! Manga Volume 43 on December 18th 2014.
The OVA starts off with an introduction by Hayate himself, showing a flashback of how he first met Nagi and how he became the butler of the Sanzenin Family heiress up until the point where Nagi gave up her inheritance by breaking a King's Jewel.
In the Violet Mansion, Maria has created a square dirt marking on the ground for her new garden.
- Omake (BAD END segment)
- Chapter 348: Chief Maria's Summer Vegetable Special, Round 1
- Chapter 349: I Don't Want To Think About Getting Fat Anymore
- Chapter 354: A Death Flag. And You Are The One Raising It
- Chapter 355: This Is What You Get When You Cram All The Needed Information For Major Financial Success Into 16 Pages
Differences in the Manga
- During the flashback sequence, Hayate is shown to be wearing his butler's uniform during the time with Nagi when she was giving him a tour of the city in Mykonos and when she destroyed his King's Jewel in Greece. In the manga, Hayate was shown to be wearing casual clothes during both these events.
- Chapter 348
- When Chiharu overhears Hayate and Maria's conversation, she is shown to be wearing a off the shoulder T-shirt with a dark blue singlet underneath. In the manga, Chiharu was shown to be wearing a long sleeve raglan T-shirt.
- When Hinagiku joins the conversation, her hair is shown to be tied into a ponytail. This is not present in the manga.
- After Chiharu had suggested to grow watermelons, Alice is shown to join in the conversation. This is not present in the manga.
- As Maria shouts at Hayate, Chiharu and Hinagiku as they leave, Nagi is shown sleeping inside the Violet Mansion. This is not present in the manga.
- Chapter 349
- As Nagi observes a flock of pigeons pecking away at Maria's vegetable garden, she is shown to be wearing a long sleeved T-shirt under a sleeveless pink dress. In the manga, Nagi is shown to be wearing a short sleeved V neck T-shirt and a skirt.
- As Hayate asks for Maria's permission to take Nagi out for ramen, Maria is shown to be wearing her normal maid uniform. In the manga, Maria wore her summer uniform.
- When Maria had lectured Nagi to eat more properly, Hayate tells Maria that going out for ramen is alright once in while, which prompts her into telling him that his carefree attitude would be the downfall of good health. In this scene, Maria points her finger directly at Hayate. In the manga, she points a shamoji at him.
- Additionally, during this scene, Hayate is shown to be holding a tray with a single glass of water. In the manga, he was holding a tray with two glasses.
- When Hayate had asked Hinagiku if she liked ramen, Hinagiku is shown to be wearing a beige shirt over a green dress. In the manga, she wore a long sleeved T-shirt and shorts.
- When Kayura had suggested for Nagi to draw a manga to convince Maria to let them go out, Kayura is shown to be wearing a sleeved T-shirt and capri pants. In the manga, Kayura was wearing a tank top and a denim skirt.
- Chapter 354
- As Nagi asks Hayate and Maria for a reward once the Hakuo exams are over, Maria is shown to be wearing her normal maid uniform. In the manga, Maria wore her summer uniform.
- When talking about receiving items that lead to disappointment, Hinagiku shares her story of when she first heard of Nagashi Soumen. In this OVA, she learns of it from her mother than asks her father if she could try it. In the manga, she learns of Nagashi Soumen from her father than asks her mother.
- When Mr. Katsura and Mrs. Katsura are shown setting up a Nagashi Soumen set in their yard, Mrs. Katsura is shown to be wearing a dress in this OVA. In the manga, she wore pants.
- Additionally, during this scene, Hinagiku is shown to be wearing a blank shirt. In the manga, her shirt had a cartoon platypus on it.
- While attempting to try Nagashi Soumen, Hinagiku tries to catch some noodles from a flume of bamboo, but misses them and makes twelve more attempts before catching the noodles. In the manga, Hinagiku catches the noodles on her second attempt.
- After Hayate had told Maria that the good yakiniku restaurants where expensive, he mentions that there are special offers these days and offers to come up with something once the exams where over. In the manga, Hayate mentions that really cheap restaurants exist and than offers to take Nagi.
- After Hinagiku and Chiharu had misunderstood Hayate's offer to treat them to yakiniku, Ruka joins their conversation after also having misunderstood Hayate's offer. This is not present in the manga.
- Additionally, Maria's remark to Hayate about how he was generous is absent in this OVA.
- When Kayura misunderstood Hayate's offer as well, she is shown to be wearing her Hakuo uniform. In the manga, she wore a tank top and a denim skirt.
- Chapter 355
- After Hayate had received Sakuya's broken Walkman, Hayate tells her that he will use it to trade for the yakiniku. This is absent in this OVA.
- After Hayate had received a VHS copy of Winter Sonata, Yukiji approaches him and asks to trade for it. In this scene, Yukiji is shown to be wearing a jacket over a purple shirt. In the manga, she wore a one piece dress.
- After Yukiji had traded her old High school uniform to Hayate, she leaves him with the bag she was carrying her uniform in. This is not present in the manga.
- After Hayate had noticed that Kaoru was looking at Yukiji's High school uniform, he asks him if he wanted it. This is not present in the manga.
- While at the yakiniku restaurant, Ruka is seen among the residents of the Violent Mansion. This is not present in the manga.
- After Nagi had told Hayate that the yakiniku was good, the residents of the Violet mansion and Ruka also agree, before Hayate thanks them for their kind words. This is not present in the manga.
- Volume 1 Omake
- As Hayate wakes up in the snow and realizes that everything that happened to him was a dream, he is shown to be wearing his butler's uniform. In the Omake, he was shown to be wearing his normal clothes.
- During the flashback sequence in the introduction, when Nagi was giving Hayate a tour of Mykonos, Penta the pelican can be seen flying above them.
- After Nagi had gotten the mail, she notices a flyer for a new ramen restaurant. The chef on the flyer bears a strong resemblance to Zangief from the Street Fighter series.
- At the ramen restaurant, the chef serving the residents of the Violet Mansion bears a slight resemblance to Dhalsim from the Street Fighter series.
- During the intermission, Isumi and her mother discuss Fa*ebook, M*xi, Go*gle Pl*s and L*ne. These are references to social networking sites: Facebook, Mixi, Google Plus and Line.
- Afterwards, Isumi shows her mother a music listening machine called an iP*d. This is a reference to the Apple iPod.
- Additionally, Isumi's iP*d heavily resembles the fourth generation iPod Shuffle.
- After being pummeled by Sakuya's stuffed animals, Korori from Sore ga Seiyuu! can be seen laying on top of Hayate.
- After Hayate had given a 30 minute back message card to Sakuya, she gives him a broken Somy MD Wallman. This is a parody of a Sony MD Walkman.
- Hayate pulls a VHS copy of the popular Korean drama series Winter Sonata from one of Hatsuho's wicker boxes.
- During the BAD END segment, after Hayate realizes that everything that happened was a dream, he mentions Patrasche before succumbing to the freezing temperatures. This is a reference to the character from the novel and anime series A Dog of Flanders.