|Cuties Episode 8|
|Theme Song Info|
Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 8 aired on June 3rd 2013.
One day at Violet Mansion, Ayumu Nishizawa weighs herself after taking a bath and found out that she had gained weight. She didn't believe that in first place until she trys to wear her fall uniform from the previous year and the button pops off. Ayumu decides to preserve her health to decrease her weight. Later at Cafe Donguri, Hayate gives Ayumu some Nikuman he made and at that moment, she realized her constant consuming of Hayate's food is the reason she's gaining weight. She would like to stop herself from eating, but just couldn't resist Hayate's generous offer. Hayate also baked cookies for her, too because Ayumu told him about how nice the cookies were that he baked for her birthday. That makes Ayumu think back to her birthday party that she'll never forget.
In a flashback to her birthday, Ayumu is curious if anyone remember her birthday or not, including Hayate. But in fact, Hayate remembered it and was baking cookies as a birthday gift for her. Maria doubted this and questions Hayate when is Izumi's birthday, Risa's birthday, Miki's birthday, Isumi's birthday, and Yukiji's birthday. Hayate answered her in that he remembers everybody's. Maria concluded that he is the kind of guy that the girls will fall in love with. Nagi wakes up early because of the cookies's smell and taught him that birthdays aren't only about giving the present and being done. He should do something to make her happy, too. Then Chiharu compromises that they should throw a surprise party for Ayumu over at Cafe Donguri.
At Café Donguri, Hayate plans the surprise party to start after the part time work is done. Hinagiku and The Hakuou Three Amiga were called for help with setting up the party. But before they can start setting it up, Ayumu arrives already. She saw that everyone is together at the same place and that is a good chance. So she attempts to remind them what "today" is. Hinagiku avoid her question by answering using history knowledge. Ayumu tries more specific information in that she's talking about something was born today. Hayate then answers her that this day is the day that CoroCoro Comic was published for the first time. This answer made everyone be silent and confused. Everyone used this chance to get out and leave Hayate with Ayumu. Ayumu tried to use the newspaper to recall Hayate about her birthday but failed. Ayumu changes the plan to use the "How do you think I could casually ask when his birthday is?". The answer should be "What celebrity shares the same birthday as you?". But this will make the party plan failed. So Hayate avoided this by asking Ayumu "When is your birthday?" in English. That made her give up. Ayumu finally leaves after part-time and everyone quickly prepares the party. Nagi calls for Ayumu's return, but she is too dismayed, so Nagi uses a sympathetic manner to convince her. Ayumu comes back and they surprise her with the party. Feeling overjoyed she jumps onto Nagi and thanks her.
Back in the present, Ayumu persuades Hayate that Japan is the country of crime so she can walk home with him. She says it's unsafe during the night, leaving Hokuto confused. On the way home, Ayumu found out that she forget the notebook for her assignment. They go to Shiomi High School, to pick up Ayumu's notebook that she forgot. Hayate thought if his parent's hadn't sold him to the yakuza he probably would've accepted Ayumu's confession from before. Before they go back home Hayate is curious about how silent the school is. They then find a teacher tied up. Ayumu runs of to call for help but runs into the robber instead. Before the robber can harm her, Hayate uses Ayumu's notebook to defeat him.
- Chapter 157: It's impossible to live by hiding in darkness
- Chapter 347: Are You A Magnet Or Something!?
Differences in the Manga
- Chapter 347
- After taking a bath, Ayumu weighs herself to find out that she's gained 3 kg. This takes place in the Violet Mansion at night, whereas in the manga this event took place in her parent's apartment during the day.
- Believing that the scale made a mistake, Ayumu weighs herself again after removing her hair bands and towel. This is not present in the manga.
- Thinking that the scale is broken Ayumu tries to put on her skirt from her fall uniform from the previous year, whereas in the manga she tried to put on her skirt from her summer uniform.
- After putting the it on, the button pops off her skirt and bounces off the wall before hitting her on the head, whereas in the manga the button falls on the floor.
- Ayumu's monologue of how she might of gained 3 kg while walking to part time job at Cafe Donguri is absent in this episode.
- After being given some nikuman made by Hayate, Ayumu eats one before realizing that his cooking is the reason behind her weight gain, whereas in the manga she only took a bite before realizing it.
- After coming to the conclusion that if she stops eating Hayate's cooking her weight will go back to normal, Ayumu apologizes to Hayate before passing on the nikuman. This is not present in the manga.
- After deciding to eat Hayate's nikuman, Ayumu's thoughts of how Hayate might like girls on the chubby side is omitted in this episode.
- While still eating, Hayate presents a plate of cookies to Ayumu, informing her that there like the ones he made her for her birthday, which prompts her to have a flashback to the events that occured on her birthday. This is not present in the manga.
- Ruka visiting Cafe Donguri to play her new song to Hayate is absent in this episode.
- After becoming jealous of Ruka and Hayte's friendship, Ayumu decides to go on a diet. This is omitted in this episode.
- Chapter 281
- On the morning of her birthday, Ayumu recieves a 500 yen book card from her mother. This is absent in this episode.
- While walking outside, Ayumu is greeted by her classmate Souya Minamino, the protagonist of Heroes of the Sea Lifesavers before asking him if he remembered her birthday. This is absent in this episode.
- After learning of Ayumu's birthday, Nagi appears between Hayate and Maria while eating one of Hayate's homemade cookies, whereas in the manga Nagi appeared at the entrance to the kitchen.
- As Hayate asks Nagi if the smell of the cookies woke her up, he then reminds her as she was eating one of the homemade cookies that she was supposed to be cutting back on sugar, whereas in the manga Hayate reminded Nagi that she was up till dawn working on a manuscript for her doujinshi.
- Overhearing the conversation, Chiharu suggests to the both Hayate and Nagi that they should throw a surprise party for Ayumu while eating one of Hayate's homemade cookies, whereas in the manga, Chiharu made the suggestion at the entrance to the kitchen.
- Additionally, Chiharu's clothing has been slightly altered, in this episode she is shown to be wearing a short sleeved shirt and a black singlet underneath, whereas in the manga, she wore a T-shirt.
- After making her suggestion, Chiharu's remark about how she doesn't know who Ayumu is, is not present in this episode.
- While trying to convince Nagi to throw a surprise party, Chiharu speaks with her mouth full, whereas in the manga she didn't.
- While at Cafe Doguri, Hinagiku and the Hakuou Three Amiga's clothing has been altered. In this episode Hinagiku is shown to be wearing a yellow frilly shirt and a blue shorts, while Izumi and Risa are shown to be wearing one piece dresses, while Miki wore a green dress over a yellow T-shirt, whereas in the manga, Hinagiku wore a sleeveless dress over a halter top, Izumi wore a tank top and a skirt, Risa wore a overalls dress over a T-shirt and Miki wore a one piece dress.
- Chapter 282
- While reaching out to a newspaper, Ayumu is shown to be wearing her school uniform, whereas in the manga, she wore her work outfit.
- While ignoring Ayumu, it is revealed that Hayate is listening to the weather report on the phone. This is not present in the manga.
- Before bringing up the present she brought Hokuto Kaga, Ayumu mentions to Hayate about the trip everyone had during Golden Week. This is not present in this episode.
- As Ayumu leaves Cafe Donguri, Hayate picks up the phone to inform everybody to get started on Ayumu's surprise party. This is not present in the manga.
- While trying to convince Ayumu to come back to Cafe Donguri, Nagi's lines to her on the phone have been altered. In this episode Nagi tells Ayumu to come back because she's lonely and hasn't been able to spend much time with her lately, whereas in the manga, Nagi told her that she hasn't been able to see her since their trip during Golden Week and that she missed her.
- Chapter 157
- After finishing up for the day at Cafe Donguri, Hayate tells Ayumu that he'd be heading the Sanzenin Mansion, whereas in the manga, he attempted to leave before she did.
- As Ayumu explains to Hayate about the high crime rate in Japan, characters from Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke appear behind him, whereas in the manga, Light Yagami from Death Note and Kaito Kid from Detective Conan/Magic Kaito appear behind him.
- While walking home with Hayate, Ayumu brings up her sudden weight gain to him. This is absent in the manga.
- Additionally, Ayumu's outfit is slightly altered. In this episode Ayumu is shown to be wearing a yellow and white hoodie, a green frilly shirt and carried a pink bag, whereas in the manga, she wore a fur trim hoodie over a T-shirt accessorized with a necklace and a grommet belt and wore black leggings under her skirt.
- At the Saginomiya residence, Isumi senses an evil spirit, while Linn sits near her looking up the skirts of PVC figures. This is omitted in this episode.
- After Ayumu finds her notebook at Shiomi High School, Hayate offers to carry her notebook for her. This is not present in this episode.
- After noticing that the classrooms where unlocked, Ayumu jokingly says a robber might have broken in and tied up a teacher before stepping on a teacher that was tied up, whereas in the manga she notices that the teacher tied up on the floor.
- Additionally, in this episode the teacher was tied up with ropes and chains, whereas in the manga, he was tied up with just rope.
- While looking to something to cut the rope the teacher was tied up with, Ayumu runs into the robber. In this episode the robber is much larger and wielded a much larger battle axe in comparison to the manga version.
- In a attempt to save Ayumu, Hayate picks up her notebook and uses it as a weapon against the robber, whereas in the manga, Hayate threw the notebook at the robber defeating him in the process.
- Isumi once again remarks that she senses an evil spirit, while Linn agrees with her as he continues to look at PVC figures. This is also omitted in this episode
- While being escorted home by Hayate, Ayumu mentions to him that all the events that happend at Shiomi High might of caused her to lose some weight. This is not present in the manga.
- The Tanuki from inside the Kurotsubaki from CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU makes a cameo appearance by appearing on a shelf in the changing room in the Violet Mansion as Ayumu weighs herself.
- Hayate brings up that CoroCoro Comic first came out on May 15th after Ayumu tried to inquire everyone to see if they remembered her birthday.
- While watching Hayate avoid the subject of Ayumu's birthday from outside Cafe Donguri, Miki brings up that its common knowledge that May 15th is Eri Nakao's birthday, which is Miki's seiyuu from the Hayate no Gotoku! anime.
- A bottle of Bocari Sweet which is based on the Japanese sports drink Pocari Sweat, can be seen at Ayumu's birthday party.
- Before leaving Cafe Donguri, characters from the criminal esper organization called P.A.N.D.R.A. including Andy Hinomiya and Yugiri from Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke appear behind Hayate, as Ayumu tries to convince him to accompany her on their way home at night.
- Before this scene change, the Logo appearing on the transition is from P.A.N.D.R.A. organization, too.
- Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke is also Manglobe's other work.
- The Robber's mask resembles Hollow Inchigo's mask from the series Bleach.
- The Robber also resembles Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken. from
- Hayate uses "Hayate Scryed" to defeat the Robber. This technique is a parody of Bloody Scraid, the technique of from Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken.